A full day safari looking at the wildlife, history and culture of several different parts of the Lake District. You'll see some magnificent countryside, view some of the area's wildlife and enjoy a pub lunch in a traditional Lakeland pub (included in the price). The exact itinerary varies according to the season, but might include:
- See the Ospreys at Bassenthwaite
- Martindale; herds of wild red deer and other mountain wildlife
- Wet Sleddale; wetland birds and flowers
- Haweswater; wildfowl, birds of prey and red deer
- Naddle; RSPB reserve with red squirrels, red deer, forest and mountain wildife
- Elterwater; Woodland birds, birds of prey
- Lowther Valley; riverside wildlife, otters
WHERE? Meet at your accommodation
WHEN? Available most days by prior arrangement
DURATION A Full Day with flexible start and finish times
YOU'LL NEED Warm and waterproof clothing suitable for the weather on the day (please don't wear bright colours), boots or strong walking shoes, binoculars if you have them, a light snack,/drink.
WE SUPPLY Guide, binoculars, tarp for sitting on, hides where needed, pub lunch, free lift from your accommodation out to the sites and back
NOTES The walks are mostly easy - some have short uphill/downhill sections and vary between 1km and 3km. Underfoot conditions are generally good, though it can be wet and slippery after rain. There are toilets at a number of locations during the day, but not on the walks. After each walk, you'll have time to rest as we drive to the next location.
PRICE 2 Persons £1903 Persons£1954 Persons £210 5 Persons £230
Quotes for larger groups available on request. The walk is suitable for children 10+ as long as they're with well-behaved adults!
TO BOOK Contact John White on 07970 138591 / 01931 713115 or email